Subject: Re: [Leica]Drymounting and PMA
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 17:57:27 -0800

E Nitka wrote:

> To all those on the list that replied to my ? about drymountingi want to
> thank you - the answers were diverse.  I can report that I did have a
> successful time mounting FB pics this weekend - what worked for me was just
> keeping the photos under pressure of books for at least a 5-6 days and that
> seems to have done the trick.
>
> Now onto this PMA thing - I guess i have not experienced such rabid
> Leicaphilia as what i read in sal dimarco's note.  I do not know sal and I'm
> sure he's very knowledgeable - hell he's handled the Bessa-r and hexar Rf
> which is more than I can say for myself.  His last statement about theres
> good, better and Leica seems off the wall.  Yes i shoot mostly leica but i
> certainly recognize the brilliance of many other lenses.  when i think of
> the wonderful pics I took with my heliar 15/4.5 this weekend and realize
> that i spent a little more for this lens than i did for JUST the VF for the
> leica 21 then I say enough is enough - what's more the 15 mm VF supplied
> with the heliar is head and shoulders above the Leica 21 VF!!!
>
> I have often wondered that if there suddenly were no Leicas at all would
> 'we' as an internet community group still have a reason for talking - I
> think that rabid leicaphile wouldn't ( no reason to live) but the rest would
> pick up what ever piece of equipment we had and go on shooting and hopefully
> getting together nitely to chat - i would surely miss the ted Grants, Tina
> Manleys and Mike Johnstons ( and everyone else on the list that has taught
> me things photographic).  Anyway too long a missive.
>
> ernie nitka

Sorry! Don't get it, Ernie!
You're pissed of at your 21 casue your 15 came with a better finder and you
can't tell the differnce and you think Sal is off the deap end cause he can!?
All I can say is I met say is I met Sal in October and saw his work and he has
the "out there doing it" authority that is kinda hard to argue with which is
putting it mildly. One would be lucky to hold his camera bag for him not that he
looks weak.
To rabid? Not rabid enough!

Mark Rabidner
and the best drymount advise I have is don't do it! It's dumb!