Subject: Re: [Leica] Cohn comments and Kodachome Blues
From: "dominique pellissier" <noct@club-internet.fr>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 07:56:43 +0100

>         "To the R8 detractors out there. Did you know the R8 has out sold
> every other Leica reflex camera? "

comment : True. There are more R8 cars (made by the french company Renault)
than Leica reflex cameras. ;-)

"If you don't like the size and feel of the
> R8, well there is the R6.2."

comment : "R8 : love it or leave it".

" FYI, Leica has looked very hard at Auto-Focus.
> They found an AF Leica R would sell for about $4,000.--. Too expenvise.
Not
> to mention the lenses. A large part of the cost is in royalities for using
> the auto focus patents. They are aware of our desire for an AF reflex. At
> this point in time, it is not practical."

comment : Mr Cohn, take a Minolta dynax 9 and see the R3 case.The R3 was a
great commercial success. Why ?