Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 cars
From: "dominique pellissier" <noct@club-internet.fr>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:35:13 +0100

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2000 8:41 AM

> dominique pellissier wrote:
> >
> > >         "To the R8 detractors out there. Did you know the R8 has out
sold
> > > every other Leica reflex camera? "
> >
> > comment : True. There are more R8 cars (made by the french company
Renault)
> > than Leica reflex cameras. ;-)
> >
> I drive a 1964 Renault Caravelle! It's got a hard top and a soft top.
People
> always think it looks like a Sunbeam. Actually I mainly drive it in the
summers.
> Not so good uphill. Not many hills in Paris? It's got a 1100 cc aluminum
engine!
> Mark :-) Rabiner

I learnt to drive with a R8.
And I drove a very used R8 Gordini (Mr Cohn, only for the french market, I
suggest a special edition of the Leica R8 : a blue one with 2 white strips).
The Caravelle was the "sport car" after the Floride. A fantastic girl trap
in the sixties just after the MG !
The R8 car "ne tenait pas la route" ( = did not keep the road ??). The
french expression has a double meaning : a car which skids and a product
which is unsaleable...;-)

Dominique Pellissier