Subject: Re: [Leica] APX25 & Xtol
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 09:37:26 +0000

on 8/2/00 12:22 am, Byron Rakitzis at leica@rakitzis.com wrote:

> Hi, does anyone here have experience with APX25 in Xtol? I've run
> some APX100 and found I had to increase the time dramatically as
> compared with the "Massive Dev Chart" recommendations, and I was
> hoping to get some real-world experience from other LUGgers.

I find Xtol varies so much from batch to batch it pays to run a test when
you mix some up. However, I recently dunked some APX25 in Xtol 1:1 for 10
mins @ 68F (the datasheet says 6 mins, but for this batch I've been
increasing times by 15%, and I was developing N+1) and the results were very
nice.

As always, it depends on your personal technique and the subject: in this
case my subject was low contrast and my agitation gentle.

APX 25 in Rodinal is very nice too.

- --
John Brownlow

       photos:    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com