Subject: Re: [Leica] APX25 & Xtol
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 100 23:24:17 -0800 (PST)

> A roll I ran of 120 APX 25 for 13 minutes at 1:2 which I shot with the
> Rolleiflex came out pretty dense but printable. I'll try 12 or 11 minutes next
> time and would recommend the same.
> Mark

Mark, thanks for the tip. Incidentally, I had the same experience with TMY
in Xtol recently: I gave it 17 minutes at 68F in Xtol 1:1, which is about
double what the recommended time is, and I got dense but printable negs
as opposed to the unusably thin negs I got by running it for 8.5 minutes.

Sometimes I wonder what is different about my Xtol but for some films
(APX, TMAX) I just need to run it longer.

Byron.