Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 RF/VF Repair (was Nothing Lasts forever, but...)
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 15:55:22 -0700

Dug this out of the archives for you.

John Collier

- ------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:36:21 EST
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw Mount Repairs

In a message dated 11/23/99 7:15:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,
drpuritz@li.net
writes:

<< Recently had the opportunity to have my Leica lllfBD range finder fixed.
 Received the name of a gentlemen who only works on screw mount
 Leicas...very reliable, knowledgeable, responsive,...and reasonable.

 John Maddox at LJ Leica repair, Greenville, SC...864-297-6931.

 Elliot >>

John's done 2 of my screwmounts and I've recommended him to a local camera
store who've used his services as well.  Great guy, great prices, great
work.
 John also re-silvers and recements separated beam-splitters on M2-M3
rangefinders, while other repairpeople say you need to replace the entire
rangefinder with a later type for something like $500.  Worth keeping his
number!