Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 cars
From: Robert Clark <rclark@desupernet.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 22:40:57 -0500

Gentlemen:
Although I am new to the group and this is my first post, I couldn't resist
telling you that I drive a 76 Mercedes 240D about 70 miles daily to work and
back.  I've experienced dead alternators, broken belts, broken airlines in the
vacuum pump, malfunctioning fuel gauges, leaky windscreens, an automatic
transmission to refused to shift into 4th gear when the temperature was less
than 40 degrees F, the AC compressor losing gas at a stop light, and worst of
all, running out of diesel fuel in a five lane commercial district.....got out
of the car, hand primed the pump because I knew there would still be some fuel
left, got it started, drove two miles and repeated the process until I found a
diesel pump....and I will love the car forever!  Now that I have the problems
worked out, it's reliable as ever....

By the way, just bought an M6 this weekend with a 50mm 1.4....my first venture
into the world of Leica!

Robert Clark
Lancaster, PA