Subject: [Leica] 28mm PC Super-Angulon abnd Rfdr Nikon rumors
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 16:46:45 -0500

Luggers,
        A very useful alternative to the 28mm Super-Angulon PC lens is the
Olympus 24mm f/3.5 PC lens.
        I have one in an R-mount. Any competent repair man can convert it.
After all, it is a manual lens. Remember you do not have any inboard
metering. The shift range is the same on both lenses, I think.
        I find it more useful than the 28mm and stopped down to f/5.6-8
excellent. Also, when I had the lens converted, I had one of the B&W filters
removed and a CC30M installed in its place to correct for flourescent
lights. I think the 24mm and conversion would still cost less than a 28mm
Super-Angulon.

        Next, with RUMORS, of a Nikon rangefinder camera floating about. I
can't resist adding a little oil to the fire. At the PMA show last week, I
spotted Rich LoPinto, a very high level VP of brand 'N' at the Leica booth
picking up literature. I even have a snap of him chatting with Roger Horn.

Cheers,
SAL