Subject: [Leica] straps and synch numbers
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@csd.uwm.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:32:26 -0600

Hello, Luggers.  This is my first post. I use Strapateer narrow leather
straps for all my cameras.  These were designed by Bob Schwalberg of Pop
Photo in the fifties.  I liked the first one I bought in 1972 so much I
went out and got enough to fit to all my personal cameras and all the
equipment at our lab.  They haven't been made in years, but I wanted to put
in a good word for them(I can't stand those wide nylon things). All of ours
are still going strong.
One feature that swayed me was the spring catch on one side that allows me
to wear my M3 and coll. 50 under a coat.  It's quick to lengthen or shorten
too, so you can wear two cameras, one over the other.
BTW, we have Nikon F2s and Canon EOS AF in our inventory, but when I need
to really nail the best focus, I use an M42 with winder.  I always tell
people if I was resricted to one camera for the rest of my life, it would
be my M3 and 50 mm collapsible Summicron.

Leicamaniac

Alan Magayne-Roshak
Senior Photographer
Univ. of Wisconsin- Milwaukee