Subject: [Leica] M6 in Cologne
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 07:15:47 +1100

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
it is 1/2 f-stop, that I have to correct. So I have to correct the
aperture -- which makes it an endless process! Any suggestions? Or do I just
have to get used to this procedure?

Bego Mario Garde
Cologne, Germany

* PS.: Oops! I just recognized, that I only wrote about my cameras -- I'm 36
years old, work at the marketing department of a private bank and live near
Cologne. Besides photography we -- my fiancÈe an I -- love to travel. Well,
guess that's it for the moment. :-)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Well, welcome to the LUG,

we seem to be getting bigger every day --- the thought of more mail is a
bit ,, well its worth it for the gems and the friends.

I find I use the m6 more as a shutter priority camera. After all, you can't
"pre-visualise" the DOF in the viewfinder with a rangefinder anyway, so for
me the R8 is my arty "how much DOF" will be best image maker. The M6 is
always being used at extremes anyway. Like you have already found, the
camera is a dream machine indoors and in "tight" situations, so for me
these images are more involved with focus, and the decisive moment. I set
my shutter speed for whatever I guess will be OK and line up those little
red triangles ready to fire. The camera only comes away from my eye if the
shutter speed needs to be slower, and this allows me to think about how I
might brace myself of the camera before I shoot anyway. At the "extremes",
you don't get too much choice, but the M6 usually gives you "chance" ---- a
chance to catch the "decisive moment" ;-)

Now everyone can run off and look at my M6 shots and say --- yeah, he
really doesn't think about DOF, perhaps its all luck ;-)

G'day to all, rain here after such a heat wave is very welcome,

Cheers

Alastair Firkin