Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Viewfinder rangefinder patch flare control
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 22:23:31 -0600

I agree that KISS is good policy, when it works.  But the most recent instance
of rangefinder flare, that caused me to post the question, occurred when I was
in the back corner of a concrete stall trying to catch a farrier at work on a
horse's rear foot.  There was no place to move and still see what was going on,
so the lighting angle was fixed, and such light as there was came to 1/30 at
1.4 with Delta 400.  I seem to recall that this is one of the principal reasons
we buy M cameras - to focus accurately in low light.  If I wanted to scale
focus in dim light I could have saved a lot of money and stayed with Nikons.
So - for me, scotch tape or a rubber band, if it solves the problem, IS a KISS
solution.

Cheers,
Kip