Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Singapore LUG (SLUG) - 2nd meeting & invitation.
From: "Leslie Koh" <lesliek@oriental.com.hk>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:31:16 +0800

Alastair and all,

>This is very tempting, as I'm off the week before the 11th. I have not been
>to Singapore for some years (1985) so it would be a fun hop skip and a jump
>to go there for a weeks break from this hell hole. Better go and do some
>"investigation".

If your last trip back to Singapore was in 1985, I strongly urge you to take
the time off if you can to revisit the city.  Weather wise, it'll probably
be a 'minor' relief from the heat of the Australian summer - a balmy 30 to
32 degrees with the occassional down pour pretty much all year round  in
Singapore.  If the weather doesn't bother you too much, I guarantee you'll
have a great time exploring this melting pot of Asian culture.  I reside in
Hong Kong now, but every trip back home is always full of surprises.  There
always seems to be something new there everytime I go back - my advice, take
it in slowly, there's lots to see and plan on doing a fair bit of eating
too, food tasting should be high on your list of priorities!

I'm sure Dan K and the rest of the SLUGGERs will fill you in on all the
places to see and you can be sure you'll return home with lots of great pics
and a few extra pounds.  I am now desperately looking for a good excuse to
be in Singapore in March too...

Regards,

Leslie Koh

P.S.
You can email me privately for a list of places I'd highly recommend to
satify your gastronomic tastes.