Subject: Re: [Leica] Straps (was KameraLeder?)
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 00:28:13 -0800

At 11:24 PM -0500 2/9/00, Mike Durling wrote:

>One of the problems I have with most straps is that they are too big and
>take up too much room in the small bags that I like.  For years I used the
>old Nikon leather straps, even on my Leicas.  They all wore out.
>
>I went looking for a simple nylon strap and I found one for about $4.00!
>Its a 4-ft., 3/4 inch dog leash.  I cut off the metal snap and threaded the
>ends through some 'O' rings.  You would never know unless you see the loop
>on one end.  Works great!

My sentiments exacly! At present I use some of the thinnest Domke straps
without swivels, and some thin leather ones I cut myself. Cost maybe $2,
plus a few cents for rivets and split rings. Non-adjustable, as I pretty
much know how long my neck and arms are. Slip neatly alongside the camera
into the bag. And to Mark R: I don't use my M's in a studio, so I do need
straps. I don't, on the other hand, have a strap on any of my Sinar's :-).

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com