Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 Viewfinder rangefinder patch flare CONTROL ??
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:44:52 -0800

Stephen Holloway wrote:

> Stephen Gandy wrote:
> >
> > OK,  let me ask you this
> >
> > Do you use  tape or rubber bands to get your Nikon or Canon to work correctly?
> > Would you not complain to Canon or Nikon if you did ??
> >
> > Leica owners almost always make a big deal of Leica being the "best," yet when
> > Leica does not deliver the goods, instead of complaining LOUDLY to Leica about it
> > to improve their very highly priced product, most owners simply accept Leica's
> > mis-step and find a way to work around it.
> >
> > I believe Leica will continue to deliver flare prone M6  finders until they are so
> > overwhelmed with complaints they finally realize they have to do something about
> > it.   "Making do" will only perpetuate the problem, not improve the M6.
>
> The only complaint which would make Leica take notice is to not buy the
> M6. Now, I can wait for this to take effect or I can buy one now and
> accept a minor irritation weighed against the delicious handling and
> sublime results it produces. When it flares too much (which isn't bad
> enough to totally wipe out the image very often) I just stick my thumb
> across the window.
>
> It would only be effective competition (assuming people want high
> quality M rangefinders) which would make Leica fix it. Until then we
> have to suck it up.
>
> --
> Stephen Holloway
This is the first time I've ever contributed to a rangefinder patch flare
thread. I zip through them because they don't relate to me.
I've never noticed any flare problems with my M6's is there something wrong with
my eyes?
Lots of people are certainly more sensitive to this issue to me and I can't
figure out why. The darn thing just works!
mark Rabiner
I guess I am resistant to the concept that there could be anything wrong with my
precious M6'ses. So are my eyes.