Subject: [Leica] Re: "Add-a-Cam"? How much?/ and beginner 'R' body recomendation?
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:46:58 -0800

Two cam lenses can (and are on a regular basis) converted to three cam
lenses. I don't know the cost. Call Sherry Krauter (914) 496-8834 or Email
her at krauter@warwick.net .

All R3's (that I know of) can take an R3 winder. I had two R3's and
winders. No problems. Worked flawlessly. I believe (from experience and
talking to Leica) the least expensive and best R camera is the R4sP,
although the R5 and RE are just as good but probably more expensive. If you
want Mirror Lock Up, you'll need an R6, R6.2, or R7. All of the winders and
motors have an exposure button that works for vertical holding. It is also
the multiple sequence button so for a single frame, you must release it.
It's pretty easy. The same winders and motors work on all R4's through R7's

Jim

I have had and used R3's, R4sP's, R6's and R7's. Currently have an R7 and
an R4sP.