Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: M6 Viewfinder rangefinder patch flare
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:01:42 -0800

Anyone who uses an SLR and points it toward the sun (or bright lights)
knows what flare and diaphragm reflections are. They also know that a
slight shift in position will usually cure the problem. You can see when
you are getting lens or filter flare and take appropriate action.

If you are about to snap a photograph with your M6, and you have RF flare,
and if you have a filter (any) on your lens, you are also probably going to
get filter flare. If you use filters, be happy that you get RF flare. Take
it as a warning to remove the filter. Without it you are clueless.

When my M6 RF flares out, I quickly check to see if the same light is
hitting the lens. If it is, I take appropriate action.

Turn what you think is a flaw into a feature.

Jim