Subject: [Leica] Re: HM advice
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 19:39:49 -0800

>>At 03:47 PM 2/11/00 +0000, Julian Thomas wrote:
>> Has anyone
>> else found the 0.85 a pain with a 35mm lens?

Jim Brick replied:
> I did which is why I gave it back and got a classic instead. And I don't
> use glasses. Er, maybe to read fine print, but not in photography.

I'm clearly in the minority here, but...

I actually like the 0.85 with a 35, at least for handheld
shooting, as I can keep both eyes open while I shoot, which
I cannot as easily do with the 0.7. When the camera's on
a tripod it's a pain, especially when the camera's mounted
below eye level. But I bought the camera for eye level
shooting. I want to get a 0.7 *also*, though; probably
an M2.

Alexey Merz