Subject: RE: [Leica] Careful framing
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 09:57:20 -0000

Well, Marc, my comment stands...If you have a photo framed exactly the way
you want it, but can't focus because of flare and have to move the camera
one way or another, you will NOT be taking precisely the same photo. I will
certainly grant you that 99 times out of 100 it won't matter...but that
100th time it will make all the difference.

My point on this flare question has been that it really sucks that this
problem exists in a $2000 camera body. That doesn't mean that the M isn't a
terrific camera anyway. It means that it does have a quite annoying defect,
and it's pretty inexcusable of Leica not to have done something about it by
now.

B. D.