Subject: Re: [Leica] Apo-Summicron-M 90/2.0 ASPH tested by CDI
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:13:58 EST

In a message dated 2/12/00 12:05:25 PM Central Standard Time,
cyberdog@attglobal.net writes:

<<  almost identical at 5.6 and 8

 My conclusion: don't throw away your "old" lens (it got 4 stars at the
 time).
 CDI reminds us of the inherent deficiences of a lens of such focal length
 on an M body (small viewfinder image, sizeable obstruction of the
 viewfinder by the lens barrel and hood) and puts into question (as always
 with a Leica lens) whether it is worth the money...

 Pascal >>
Since most of my shooting with a 90 mm Summicron-M is at 5.6 and 8, does this
mean the old Summicron is just as good and it would be a waste of money to
buy the 90 APO?