Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica Users digest V15 #51
From: "Robert E. Woods" <woorob@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 18:41:20 -0600

Just read Jim States' viewpoint on the R8 and must thank him for expressing
my feelings exactly.  I am an enthusiastic M6 user, and have owned virtually
every M camera made.  But Jim is right - for me at least, the R8 allows more
flexibility and gives me better results.  I think it's the best camera I've
ever owned.  The 19mm and 60mm lenses are fantastic!

Sure is ugly, though.  And it could stand to be slimmed down.

Bob Woods
St. Paul, Minnesota

P.S.  I know this is probably way off-topic, but does anyone on the list
have experience with the most recent Kiev 88 TTL cameras?  My brother just
ordered two with the 30mm fish-eye lens (one for me) and I wonder if it's
really as bad as some have said.