Subject: RE: [Leica] Exact framing??
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:49:00 -0500

>I thought the R8 finder only shows 92% of the image that ends up on the
>film. Is this not so? If it is so, how can you say it's "exact framing"?

because that's exactly what you'll end up *seeing* on slides.
No use in having a 100% viewfinder as this will lead you to nasty
surprises when you look at your slides afterwards... ;-)

[Austin] That's really presumptuous (of them) that everyone in the world
shoots slides....  Why the hell don't they give the FULL frame and put
marks for slides?