Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 90 old vs APO for portraits
From: JGong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 14:14:48 -0800

I'm one of those folks who would never use a 100 macro for serious
portraiture unless it had a Softar type filter on it. The 90 APO is in the
same league, even wide open. That said, I've been really pleased with using
the 90 APO without a filter as an around-the-house lens for  the past
month, and appreciate the crispness of the photos at wide open aperatures.
I would have to say that it's much more flattering when using this lens
with children than adults because it is capable of showing every
imperfection on your self. It's also much easier to wield an M6/90 combo
then an R body/100 apo for this kind of photography.

John