Subject: Re: [Leica] Cars large and small
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 15:25:06 -0800

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>Won't be climbing into that 64 Renault Caravelle anymore, Why?
>My wife just totaled the 76 Volvo Station wagon an hour ago 4 blocks from
>here.
>If she was driving the Renault she would have been totalled too.
>She is OK I am running her a hot bath.>>>>>

Hi Mark,
Sorry to hear about the crash. Very glad to hear your wife is OK..

Very disapponted to hear ....you dummy you didn't take your LEICA! I know I
know there are times like this the camera is the last thing on your mind.

You should have had it for evidence of wreckage so the other guys lawyer
doesn't weazle out of paying restitution.  Nothing like dropping in their
face photos showing who was at fault and without this kind of evidence, the
weazle type lawyer can get their client off and you don't get a nickle for
repairs or replacement vehicle.

But line....your wife is OK !

ted

>One of the three uninsured guys in the other car which ran the stop sign
>hit his
>head and was less than OK; they took him to the hospital in an ambulance. He
>will be OK it seems.
>So tomorrow we rent a car until we buy a new one. I think an SUV. With
>titanium
>side panels and an ejector chair like in a jet plane.
>I like the idea of stuff happening BELOW you.
>I've been standing in the rain for an hour 4 blocks from here where the
>accident
>occurred. I ran there.
>If I had my Leica with me I could have photographed the trail of wreckage
>along
>the wet intersection.
>So much for fun cars! Anybody want to buy an almost mint 64 Renault Caravelle?
>Good luck!
>You'll not catch me dead in a little car with no engine in the front.
>Mark Rabiner
>The other car was an 80's Chevy Cavalier. watch out for those!!!

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant