Subject: Re: [Leica] Off-topic Goodbye, Charlie Brown
From: j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca (Jacques Leonard designer)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:36:24 -0500 (EST)

>Well, I am a big fan of "Peanuts". Just watched "Good Grief, Charlie Brown"
>the other night on TV. Now this:
>
>Charles Schulz, the creator of "Peanuts", died on Saturday evening.
>He was 77.
>
>Goodbye Charlie Brown (Charles Schulz) :-( :-( :-(. You'll always be
>remembered.
>
>Pitak
>
>PS: see the following link for more details if you're interested:
>
>http://www.cnn.com/2000/US/02/13/schulz.obit.02/index.html

Pitak,
I am also a great admirer of Charles M. Schulz and it's Peanuts characters.

Having studied in arts & design, I can say I was always amazed at the
minimalist quality of C.M.Schulz drawings. In fact, it is not completely
off-topic. Leica cameras have the same minimalist approach to photography!
Keep it simple!

This said, I had, for all my life the companionship of the Peanuts
characters. It will stay as such because now my 3 years old girl is a big
fan!

I think Charles M. Schulz work will remain for a very long time.

Jacques Leonard
j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca
web site at: www.jlda-design.com

PS: Go take a look at www.Snoopy.com it is a very nice site