Subject: [Leica] Living with the Konica Hexar RF
From: Alexey Merz <alexey@webcom.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:31:39 -0800

From: JGong <jgong@cisco.com>

> First of all, the price that the LUGGERS seem to
> object to is out of line; I paid $1600 including
> shipping.  This compares with an M6 + 50mm Summicron
> at approx. $3000. Do the arithmetic and it is apparent
> that the Konica is nott as expensive as its detractors
> make it out to be.

Yes and no. I paid $1850 for my M6 HM classic, new from
CW o'Oregon about a year ago, and another $550 for a
used, mint- 50 Summicron-M. So $2300 is a whole lot
less than $3000. True, you got a new lens but there is
not much of a used market for Hexar RF stuff.

We'll see who still has a usable camera in 20 years.

Alexey Merz