Subject: [Leica] Re: wide angle viewfinders
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 15:14:09 -0800 (PST)

I have the Heliar 15 already. Since its supplied viewfinder is 83%
coverage, I suspect it would be a dandy viewfinder for a Leica 21mm lens
with just about 100% coverage. And the Heliar plus viewfinder only costs
$150 more than the Leica 21mm viewfinder alone. So I'd recommend buying
the Heliar 15 and the Leica 21 lenses ... and saving $300 on another
viewfinder. Hey, 2 lenses and viewfinder for only $150 more: such a deal!

Although it's plastic, the Heliar viewfinder is very nicely made and is
optically clear and bright. It doesn't have the bubble level that the
Zeiss Hologon 16 viewfinder had, but it has a pair of notches on the sides
in horizontal orientation that suffice to help you level your horizons
easily.

Godfrey