Subject: [Leica] OT: film scanner/OS9/Epson 1200
From: Empty Space <studio597@mail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:58:18 -0500 (EST)

Just got a Power Mac G4 and am eager to set
up a digital darkroom.  Two scanner related
questions, if anyone can help:

1) I'm going to be getting the Epson 1200 inkjet
printer.  Does this output device place any limitation
on the quality of film scanner I can use?  I ask
because one source told me not to bother with the
Nikon LS2000 (@ dmax 3.6), because the LS-30 (@ dmax 3.0)
already pushes the output range of the Epson to its
limits.  If that is true, is there any point in getting more
scanner than I can use -- ? -- or am I overlooking something?

2) Anyone heard of any performance/compatibility issues
for the LS2000 running on OS9, which is the operating
system on the Power Mac G4?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
Sign up at http://www.mail.com?sr=mc.mk.mcm.tag001