Subject: RE: [Leica] Which is better M Series lens 21 f/2.8 or 24 f/2.8
From: AlastairF@bhs.grampianshealth.org.au
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 17:50:58 +1100

I have and love the 21, but for the same reasons as Tina, I might go for the
24 today, and complement it with the recently released 15 Heliar (which I
now have, though do not have much experience with yet.
Cheers

Alastair

At 09:54 AM 2/14/00 -0500, you wrote:

>In the next few months, I want to add a wide angle lens. Optically I want
>know how would a 24mm Elmarit would compare to the 21mm Elmarit. I have
>heard that the 21mm Elmarit is a lens in it's own class.
>
>Regards,
>
>- Naveen

Naveen -

I have both and they are both excellent lenses.  I find that I use the 24
more often because I can use it without a finder.  I've managed to lose and
break several 21mm finders and that gets expensive!  I also hate having to
switch back and forth between the finder and the rangefinder.  If I need to
go wider than 24, I usually use the 19 on the R.

Leically,

Tina