Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Emperor's new clothes...
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:04:54 -0800

Ken Iisaka wrote:

> > Please excuse my naming names, but to me, one of the worst offenders
> in
> > producing photographic garbage, is Joe Marvullo. One time I got
> captured in
> > one of his shows, and was nearly sick before I could get out.
>
> Not that I take good photographs, what makes me puke with 100%
> reliability is Anne Geddes.  I guess some of her stuff is all right, but
> all the stuff of infants in butterfly costumes and such drive me nuts.
> I am always reminded of: "Perfection is not when nothing else can be
> added, but is when nothing can be taken away."  Was it Rodin?  Why muck
> around with perfect little infants?
><Snip>

I agree there is nothing more tasteless then that book. A new low for our
civilization. Puke is the key word here. Anne Geddes, My new favorite
photographer to hate. I forgot who the last one was maybe there wasn't one, I'm
basically a real loving guy.
A great documentary topic would be what got in to these people to have a book
like that published? What would they look like? How would they talk?
It could be so bad it's funny but perhaps it's just plain bad.
Mark (didn't like the book) Rabiner
Wasn't Geddes the name of the guy in China Town?