Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Emperor's new clothes...
From: Ken Iisaka <kiisaka@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:16:50 -0800

> Please excuse my naming names, but to me, one of the worst offenders
in
> producing photographic garbage, is Joe Marvullo. One time I got
captured in
> one of his shows, and was nearly sick before I could get out.

Not that I take good photographs, what makes me puke with 100%
reliability is Anne Geddes.  I guess some of her stuff is all right, but
all the stuff of infants in butterfly costumes and such drive me nuts.
I am always reminded of: "Perfection is not when nothing else can be
added, but is when nothing can be taken away."  Was it Rodin?  Why muck
around with perfect little infants?

Argh!!

I guess I much prefer photographs of my own child(ren).  Here are
several
for your viewing (dis-)pleasure.

(WARNING, WARNING!!! bad scanning job on a dirty flatbed!)

Katie with Ansel at 5 months, taken in Ushimado in Okayama-prefecture,
Japan.
Ilford HP5 Super, M3 with DR Summicron 1:2/50mm, 1/60" at 1:2.

http://www.ericsworld.com/Ken/KatieAndAnsel.jpg

Ansel at 4 months, taken at home in Den'en-chofu, Tokyo, Japan.
Fuji Reala, Nikon F3/T with Ai 105mm 1:2.5S, 1/60" at 1:4, flash bounced
off the ceiling.

http://www.ericsworld.com/Ken/AnselAt4Months.jpg
http://www.ericsworld.com/Ken/ansel2.jpg

You see that even a Nikon lens can produce beautiful bokeh.