Subject: Re: [Leica] Emperor's new clothes...
From: Pitak Chenkosol <pitakc@ee.pdx.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:27:07 -0800 (PST)

I came across the following explanation by Garry Winogrand when asked
why his images were tilted.

"What tilted? There's a tilt only if you believe that the horizon must
be parallel to the horizontal edge. That's arbitrary."

Pitak

> At 11:45 PM 2/14/00 +0100, you wrote:
> >  The exhibit was accompanied by some learned writeups explaining
> >how the topics were trivial but the photographs very deep, but I guess I
> >am just to plain and uneducated to "get it".
> >
> >Nathan
>
> Nathan -
>
> I know exactly what you mean!  The curator of a photographic exhibit of
> blurred, tilted, poorly printed photographs once told me condescendingly
> that the works were purposely "unaccessible" to the majority of
> people.  BULL!  It may make the "artist" feel superior to produce works
> that no one understands, but if they don't communicate anything, they are
> worthless worthless to me.
>
> Leically
>
> Tina
>

> Tina Manley, ASMP
> http://www.tinamanley.com

- --
Pitak Chenkosol, Dept. Electrical Eng.,|  " I was born not knowing and have
Portland State University,             |    only had a little time to change
P.O. Box 751, Portland, OR 97207-0751. |    that here and there."
E-mail: pitakc@ee.pdx.edu              |                Richard P. Feynman