Subject: RE: [Leica] Which is better M Series lens 21 f/2.8 or 24 f/2.8
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:19:13 -0000

or 30 to 50 percent of my shooting....

>So you're saying that you lose as many as 18 frames on a 36-exposure roll
>because the camera lacks something as simple as a shutter release lock?
>This is TOTALLY unacceptable on a camera that costs $2000.

Rob.....

- ----

Wait! Hold on a minute! How is it physically possible, even with a softie,
to accidentally fire off 18 exposures on a 36 exposure roll? The problem, I
would humbly suggest, is the user's, not the camera's. I find that without a
softie, I rarely get an accidental shutter trip - as in one caused by a
camera bag, an arm, clothing, etc. With the softie, I get a fair number if I
don't either - use a rubber band that slips around the softie between it's
top and the shutter release collar, or, don't keep the camera cocked, or
turn the camera off when I put it away (with the TTL)...But all of that has
to do with the design of the softie - a WONDERFUL aftermarket accessory. We
can't blame this one on Leica.

Now, if you want to talk about rangefinder flare, THAT's another subject
entirely...;-)

B. D.

P.S.

Whether or not it causes accidental exposures on occassion, a Tom A. Softie
is the single best post-camera purchase a Leica owner can make.