Subject: Re: [Leica] Deadman's DR and the $500 ding
From: Andre Calciu <a.calciu@anent.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:04:54 -0500

Any defects in the lens have some degree of negative effect on the resulting
negative. However, defects on the rear element afflict the negative more than
those on the front element. There is a scientific explanation that I heard
before but I am not able to repeat, but I am sure we have at least one
competent member on the list who could enlighten us.

andre