Subject: [Leica] advice on India
From: Andre Calciu <a.calciu@anent.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:49:45 -0500

i have been planning a trip to india myself.

the gear i will carry will include a LF camera (likely a 5x7), some Rolleiflex
gear (a wide angle, a couple of 12/24 models in both 3.5 and 2.8, and a GX),
most likely also a SLR (like a Pentacon 6 with a full range of lenses), and in
the 35mm arena i will be carrying my new leica IIIf and a few lenses). of
course, the wife will have her point and shoot :-)

for this purpose i purchased an electric igloo. it is a 40 quart cooler that you
can plug into your car's cigarette lighter and turns into a fridge or warmer, on
demand. this will keep all my film safely away from the heat. the cooler is
available for about 100 bucks from places like Price Club, Sam's, etc. With a
cheap AC/DC convertor you can use it later in your darkroom for holding beers
:-)

each piece of gear will be wrapped in a calumet lenswrap (if it fits) and the
smaller items will be in zip lock bags.

upon return i am sure the gear will need to be CLA.