Subject: Re: [Leica] So you want to work for National Geographic
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 22:01:05 -0500

In the March issue of NG on page 25 is photographer Joel Sartore's  diary on
an assignment in Bolivia. After reading it, I am glad I am a mechanic /
househusband!

John Collier

	--> Right you are !
	To me, the most impressive National Geographic photo
	ever is one, by a famous Japanese photographer who's
	name I forget right now, of a magnificent fully adult male lion
	attacking one of those large African bulls, blood and all,
	shot with not more than a 100 mm lens (I'd say it was
	less even...), with flash.
	I'd say he was less than two lions' length from the jaws
	of that survival minded predator, three at the outmost.

	You're right John, you're likely to live longer as a mechanic,
	but God, do some photo pros have that what-it-takes
	to produce such stunning shots.

	The "flip side" number #2 set of NG photos I'll never forget
	is a series on New Zealand's mountains & lakes, about 20-30 years ago,
	by a Magnum or Black Star photographer if I remember well:
	majestic serenity VS equanimity expressed by the stoic grandeur
	of these eternal landscapes. Photography for the gods, in full color.

	Do you remember the Leica ads in fifties' NG ? Drool everyone !
	[ I thought every m.d. came with a stethoscope and a Leica M ...]  ;+)

	Andre Jean Quintal

If we live, it is for the Lord that we live,
and if we die, it is for the Lord that we die.
So wether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.
                   Romans 14: 8