Subject: Re: [Leica] Chromogenic nightmares
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:00:29 +0000

on 16/2/00 2:29 am, Mark Rabiner at mrabiner@concentric.net wrote:

> Promo work tends to be color or black and white NEGATIVE.
> Mark Rabiner
> Head shots for actors, singers, dancers, insurance agents.
> Model Portfolios.
> I understand that with scanning being what it is more C41 negative stuff is
> being done.

The tonality available with even consumer print film eg Kodak Gold is quite
wonderful when scanned. An entirely different look to E6 or what have you,
partly because of highlight compression and shadow detail. Personally, I
really like it, and I know there are others who feel the same.

- --
John Brownlow

       photos:    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com
        music:    http://www.jukebox.demon.co.uk