Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M5
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 00:03:31 +0100

I remember looking at the M5 in the early 1970:s. It costed a fortune, so I got a CL a while later. The CL shutter broke down after 3 rolls, so I brought it back and switched to a new black chrome M4. I guess I could afford that because the M4 was 30-40% cheaper, but I am not sure.
Maybe the M5 was far too expensive for most people except pros?

About the present: -Does the M5 have the same PX-625 battery problem as the MR-meter? I mean, you can get them, but they are expensive?!? And how about the two lugs type: -Can they be rebuilt into three lugs by a repair man?

Hans