Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Eggleston book
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:45:11 -0000

Jim,
Glad to see you still read my posts, I didn't know whether I'd been
relegated to the instant delete file :-)
There's a good essay on the guy which I'm trawling through at the start of
the book, it lists his awakening in his photographic style through Evans and
then Cartier Bresson so those PJ styles met up with his style in his
formative years.
Apparently he feels there's much correlation between his guns and his Leica,
something which could re-open an old 'hot potato' on this group...
He also acquired a Mamiya 6x9 camera and an early Kodak instant camera which
may well have been the origin of those '6x6' photos someone mentioned.
If we meet again at Photokina this year, bring some asbestos gloves. :-)

best wishes,
Jem