Subject: Re: [Leica]Konica Hexar...It ain't no Leica..
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:33:04 GMT

Dante, it just goes to show that handling is a subjective thing...But I do
have one concern.  Why is a a Konica HexarRF, made in Japan, with electronic
shutter and some fairly standard specs and no TTL, worth as much or more
than a Nikon F100?  The profit margin for Konica has to be tremoundous!

I just can't imagine wanting a rangefinder AND aperture priority bad enough
to pay such a price for a 3rd tier manufacturers product. By all it's specs
this camera should be selling for 600-700 dollars.  I really think Cosina
hit closer to the mark with their offering.  A lower priced alternative to a
leica.  (And if all the news about screw mount lenses available in America
soon is true I know of a 35mm Summicron asph SM that is calling my name!)

At a lower price the Hexar really would be a consideration.  You can pick up
a nice used M6 for 1200.00 that will hold it's value over time, or one can
choose the Hexar.  Will the Hexar hold up as well over the next 30 years?  I
don't know.

Best wishes
Dan