Subject: RE: [Leica] beauty
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:30:59 -0000

Mark,
I'm not into excluding 'beauty' (whatever that might mean for anyone) I
merely want to explore visually.
If we can find new ways of presenting beauty, it beats having it
reprocessed. If we succeed in that, it makes it easier to understand for
more people, as most people like pretty, rather than ugly.
I have a love for bitter-sweet. My wife criticises my desire to listen to
mournful singers/music. She likes 'happy'. I think that for me to appreciate
the range of emotions and tones in life, I need the sad, the bitter, the
ugly, to play against the pretty, happy, beauty elements.

Jem