Subject: RE: [Leica] Cicadas droning
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:03:35 -0000

John,
I'm with you on that 100%.

Creating photographs for me is about exploring the boundaries rather than
replicating the previous.
What is art if not an exploration of the new? A search for the, until then,
unexposed.
I see no acheivement in recreating something which has been done, I see
everything in finding one's own personal vision of the world. To be aware of
one's visual interests but not driven by them, to have an awareness of the
history of the medium but not tied to it, to create something of oneself,
rather than of another, is what my understanding of photography is all
about.

(sorry to end the sentence on a preposition, but then even Shakespeare did
that!)

Jem