Subject: [Leica] FSA site
From: "Mike Gil" <pasuno@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:07:18 PST

I just started to look at the Farm Security Administration Picture site (
http://rs6.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fahome.html ).  What an amazing photography
site, the images are beyond description.  One of the links "Photographs of
Signs Enforcing Racial Discrimination" is truly shocking for not only the
great photography but also as a timely look at our past injustices against
people that are different from the majority. The US has been a nation for
over 200 years but where only an infant when it comes to treating all our
citizens equally.

Sorry I got carried away, anyways I can't remember who put out the first
post on this fantastic site, but thank you.  I think this site can not only
be a powerfull site for photography but also a comprehensive representation
of our not to distant past.

This site clearly shows the power of the web.  No need for all the fancy web
stuff to catch our attention. Just great content.

mg