Subject: Re: [Leica] Emperor's new clothes...
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:24:53 -0800

>Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:45:26 +0100
>From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
>Subject: [Leica] Emperor's new clothes...

>I spent the weekend in Denmark, and visited the Museum of Photography in
>Odense Sunday afternoon. In addition to their excellent permanent
>collection they had an exhibit by a photographer named Eggleton (I
>think). He is supposed to be one of the greats. His CV listed a long
>string of exhibitions and prizes (and incidentally, his first Leica
>purchase in 1958), most recently the 1998 Hasselblad Prize. Seldom have

And who got the 1999 Hasselblad Award? Cindy Sherman! Beats everything...

Anyway, I've been on and off LUG (digest) lately, mostly lurking (I did some
posting last year though :-)). Glad to see many of you are still 'alive and
kicking'.

I'm shooting with my M's regularly, but somehow not keeping up with printing
(B&W). So I often think about a digital darkroom. Would I be more productive?
Would it be more fun? Or the other way around? Anybody who switched from a
traditional to a digital darkroom cares to comment?

Thanks.

Jiri Dvorak