Subject: [Leica] Eggleston
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:14:45 -0000

Okay, okay, I was wrong. There. I said it.

I still think that the Tenn. road photo is pretty awful, but having looked
at more of Eggleston's work I don't think the Tenn. photo is at all
representative. I vastly prefer B&W to color, but that aside, his work is
damn impressive in terms of composition, subject matter, and, yes, color.
And, yes, I do see the Walker Evans parallels.

B. D.
"Shooting from the mental hip means always having to say you're sorry." ;-)