Subject: [Leica] Eggleston
From: wvl <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 21:35:45 -0800

> John,
> It's really ironic that Eggleston should be singled out for criticism on
> the LUG. I think of him as a quintessential Leica photographer. He has a
> collection of beautiful antique Leicas and I don't think he's ever used
> any other kind of camera.

I have a copy of The Democratic Forrest. The photos are described as
being taken on color negative film. There is a picture of a stack of
8X10 proof prints on a dining room table. Another photo shows Eggleston
caressing (really) a Screw Mount Leica, probably a IIIg. The photos in
the book have an odd color cast IMO, but, are very sharp and have
stunning contrast. It has to be Leica.
Bill Lawlor