Subject: RE: [Leica] Sherlock flunks
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:26:49 -0800

I didn't make my point sufficiently clear.  The comment that I quoted was
not (except by context) confined to the arena of photography.  It was, as I
understood it, a sweeping generalization about colour's role in perception,
and how according to the author, one man's photography revolutionized our
perception of colour.  While Eggleston may have done that within the narrow
confines of Aht Photography, he certainly wasn't the first visual artist to
explore colour.  Not by a long shot.

And yes, I've got to admit that my education in the world of art photography
is woefully lacking.  PJ's, portraitists and editorial photography are my
meat and potatoes.  I frankly (sorry) don't have much interest in what
passes for art pix.

Paul Chefurka