Subject: [Leica] Re: Eggleston shells as compost-for Jim Brick
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:14:10 -0700

On 18 Feb 00, timswan wrote, at least in part:

> Jim,
>
> Congrats!!!! You've managed to insult everyone except those that
> agree with you.

Perhaps, but you might be surprised at how many *agree* with
Jim re: Egg. We tend to be the quiet group here. I applaud Jim's
courage in taking the stand that he did, knowing that it would
bring the wrath of those who, as Jim said, should have said no to
Egg, but didn't.

When I need to be 'in touch' with whatever, I go to images done
by competent PJs, landscape photogs who know something about
color, composition and lighting, and photographs done around a
theme by photogs who are truly 'in touch' with their subject
matter. We are blessed with excellent examples of these kinds of
photographers right on this list. I aspire to make images as good
as Donal, Eric, Harrison, Jim, Doug, Tina and Ted to name but a
few. Egg's images have never inspired me to anything but walk
away.

I love chocolate, vanilla and strawberry, but never could
understand why folk like mint chocolate chip! I don't argue your
right to enjoy it, but you guys sure do rag on us who don't! It's
like an evangelical pursuit. Face it, many of us are beyond
educating and without a clue! To make matters worse, most of us
are happy in our ignorance! :-)

- --
Roger
Mailto:roger@beamon.org