Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Darkroom
From: Ian Stanley <stanley@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 10:43:14 +0700

Tina, Doug & all,

         I also have to agree having spent the last three or four months
working exclusively with a Nikon LS-2000 scanner, Photoshop & and an Epson
Stylus Photo 1200.  For me this all started when I couldn't find a suitable
darkroom space after the move to Bangkok - now I am able to do my work in
air-conditioned comfort in our apartment.  I have always done my own black
and white printing when possible but had never made a colour print in the
darkroom but with my current setup I am managing to catch up on a backlog
of colour work that has been sitting around for years.

         The only trouble I am having is the limited supply of inks (Epson
only) available in Thailand but I am hoping to stock up when I get back to
Canada for a holiday this summer.  In April I am having a show in Kathmandu
- - all digital prints done on watercolour paper - we'll see what the
response is.

         More digital stuff - Ted, don't knock this digital stuff to
quickly - I just got a new set of digital hearing aids, much better than
the old analog ones.

Ian Stanley,

Bangkok, Thailand