Subject: Re: [Leica] missing messages?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 16:55:33 -0700

I too am finding the service somewhat irregular. Others seem to receive my
posts well before I do (poor blighters*). My all time record is four days
between posting and receiving. I, as well, get posts referenced long before
receiving the original. I am not sure it is the leica-users server; I
strongly suspect my service provider may have a hand in it too. Very few
posts actually never show at all, it just takes a long time for everything
to sort itself out. I have noticed an inordinate number of double postings
which I assume is due that the fact that others are experiencing similar
goings on; or, maybe many Leica-users also have a peculiar keyboard stutter
when sending? One chap sends messages mysteriously quoting previous messages
with no comment at all and I am afraid I have not come up with a
satisfactory explanation for this. Some sort of something to do with quantum
mechanics or alternate universes merging I expect.

Waiting For Enlightenment, Got Tired Of Waiting For Godot

John Collier

*If anyone is interested I can pass on instructions on how to set up a
filter to weed out my dross.