Subject: [Leica] Anodized finish BUBBLING up
From: Justin GUARIGLIA <justinguariglia@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 22:41:45 +0800

Hi,

I have an important question regarding the LEICA M Black body and lens
anodized finishes.

I've recently noticed my anodized finishes beginning to bubble. With two of
my lenses, the bubbles are actually getting bumped into or scraped against
(while working) and as a result, are popping open, like a paint bubble, to
reveal the raw chrome metal below.

(Note: All of the bubbles are roughly the size of pin points, some smaller
some smaller)

I dropped into LEICA-USA a few months ago, and they were of little help.
They told me they would need to replace the parts.

They also blamed the sub-tropical conditions I occasionally work in (as I'm
based in Asia) as being part of the problem...

Has anyone ever heard of such problems, and if so, what is the cause? and
can the process be reversed or prevented?

Somehow, I don't think Lemon Oil will do the trick.

many thanks,

Justin

Justin GUARIGLIA
Color Photographer